Saturday, September 20, 2014

Best. Pancakes. EVER.



These are the pancakes I used to make for my kids on Saturday mornings when they were growing up.  I haven't made them in years, and had forgotten how ridiculously good they are until I made them for myself this morning!

(Unfortunately, I can't make them for my half-Swedish husband, as he will only eat Swedish pancakes.)

Anyhoo...if I remember correctly, this recipe was given to me by my co-worker Irma years ago.  I believe there's one that's very similar in the Betty Crocker Cookbook.

You probably have everything you need on hand to make these yummy pancakes. (Except maybe buttermilk, but you can take care of that by putting a tablespoon of vinegar in the milk.)

I found the recipe I had given my mom in some of her things this past week.  She usually doubled the recipe, and that is very easily done.

As is, it makes about 9 medium pancakes.

I promise you, it's worth the little extra time to forgo a mix and make these from scratch!

Favorite Pancakes

-1 egg
-1 cup buttermilk (or add a tablespoon of vinegar to regular milk)
-2 T. vegetable oil
-1 c. flour
-1 T. sugar
-1 t. baking powder
-1/2 t. baking soda
-1/2 t. salt

Beat egg.  Add remaining ingredients in order listed and beat with whisk until smooth.
Grease heated griddle if necessary. Pour batter from tip of large spoon onto hot griddle.
Turn pancakes as soon as they are puffed and full of bubbles. Cook on other side until golden brown.


Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Oh, and the next time I make pancakes for my grandkids, this is what I'm going to do (found this cute picture on the internet):

photo credit: "your healthy world

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails